View Single Post
Old 08-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Walt;

What's this car worth????Depends on how bad you want it.....The pictures do show a beautiful car,but pictures can be deceiving,I'm not trying to slam the car,but if you know what you are doing,you can "hide" defects with pictures taken at the right angle.....

I would suggest contacting the shop that did the restoration and get any info from them as to what they actually did and what if any sheet metal was changed and the overall condition of the car BEFORE restoration....

Now to the car,yes it is beautiful,but the engine compartment really came out and "grabbed" me..... All 65/66 Mustangs had the engine compartment painted black and the a/c compressor and pulleys were also black,not painted different colors.... It may not matter to some,but to me it just does not look right,it is a personal preference,but I prefer it to look original....They did this great looking,correct looking restoration and then went crazy with the paint gun under the hood,again just my personal preference....

As for the car and price,it's a A code car,meaning a 289 4 barrell car,if it was a K code car it would be worth that and more,but for an A code car,I think that would be the limit....Recently an A code convertible here in Louisiana sold for $21,000,it had just undergone a complete restoration similar to the e-bay car and had zero miles on it after the restoration.....It was a comparable car to the one on e-bay in body-interior-mechanical,it just was not a GT car,I did see it before it sold and it was perfect..... The owner had it for sale for a very short time also,I believe about two weeks before it sold....

I think 24 k would be top dollar in my book and only after I had personally inspected the car or had someone I trust inspect it for me....

Not trying to slam the car,just giving my honest opinion....BTW,I've worked in a body shop for 13 or so years and we did a restoration a year I guess and did a lot of work/touch-up type work for two big auto collectors/dealers in our area..... You should have seen the stuff they came back from auctions with,cars that were supposed to have had full on restorations that would barely run and were rust buckets to start with,completely built with bondo....BTW,bondo will hide just about anything for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David