View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Default Roy, I may not be an Andy DUNN, BUUT...

Eric Miller (my mechanic and builder) and I have discovered quite a lot while poking around with axles, footboxes, engines, brakes and the like. One thing is that by moving the rear axle aft 1", we will eliminate the larger tires from rubbing---it will also give the car 91.5" w..b---which Ron Butler says is correct. We found that the axle was not straight nor centered!. The front axle didn't need replacing---BUTT, I had a new one hanging around--so in went the brand new one---easily! These cars incidentally look to have transmission tunnels set up for auto trannies. LOTS of room. I was toying with moving the new 408 C aft an inch (!) but that would cost some considerable dough! Lots of pix---soon as I pulll ahead of Coco the Gorilla )in terms of compootah skills anyway), I will post them.
By the way, for helping with bodywork repairs/paint/etc. Shannon Fry is top drawer. He sent me mucho paint chips---which I still owe him!
So.......don't worry, I'll post a lot. Gotta relaunch the car this coming week. Missed driving it for these summer weeks! Then it's off to Maine!!! Ideal cobra-photo area!
Let's make an Arntz Butler claaendar!!!