View Single Post
Old 10-11-2003, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Made it home, barely

Well everyone,
Kristi and I had decided it would be in our best interest to leave the Hocking Hills fall foilage drive only half way through. Turned out to be a good decision. While driving home, I notice half way there that I didn't have any turn signal indicators or high beem indicator lights. Then I turned my attention to my tachometer. The needle just lay there stuck at 1200 rpm. I started thinking BIG electrical problems. My next thought was to look at my other gauges. The further we drove, the lower the reading got on my water temp. gauge and oil pres. gauge. We did make it home and I then pulled up to my shop door. As I hurried to unlock the door to pull the Cobra in, my electric fan kicked on and pulled enough juice from the battery to effectively disable my MSD ignition. Hence, engine shut down. I pushed it into the shop to put the battery charger on it, and the battery was so low that the first five attempts to recharge the battery kept tripping the overload in the charger. Finally it began to charge. Looks like I'll be pulling the alternator for a rebuild. At least I didn't have to call AAA. Kristi and I still had a great time and we really enjoyed meeting all of you fine people. We just hope that we have time again to do this in the near future.

Chao for now,

Jim Downard

P.S. Hey Rick, Lately, our dogs have been chasing around a bunch of those Bald Eagles that you saw at the lodge. Ha Ha.