1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-11-2003, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Made it home, barely

Well everyone,
Kristi and I had decided it would be in our best interest to leave the Hocking Hills fall foilage drive only half way through. Turned out to be a good decision. While driving home, I notice half way there that I didn't have any turn signal indicators or high beem indicator lights. Then I turned my attention to my tachometer. The needle just lay there stuck at 1200 rpm. I started thinking BIG electrical problems. My next thought was to look at my other gauges. The further we drove, the lower the reading got on my water temp. gauge and oil pres. gauge. We did make it home and I then pulled up to my shop door. As I hurried to unlock the door to pull the Cobra in, my electric fan kicked on and pulled enough juice from the battery to effectively disable my MSD ignition. Hence, engine shut down. I pushed it into the shop to put the battery charger on it, and the battery was so low that the first five attempts to recharge the battery kept tripping the overload in the charger. Finally it began to charge. Looks like I'll be pulling the alternator for a rebuild. At least I didn't have to call AAA. Kristi and I still had a great time and we really enjoyed meeting all of you fine people. We just hope that we have time again to do this in the near future.

Chao for now,

Jim Downard

P.S. Hey Rick, Lately, our dogs have been chasing around a bunch of those Bald Eagles that you saw at the lodge. Ha Ha.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Jim, glad to hear that you made it home safely. You missed out on the traffic jam on the "HILL"......my leg is still aching...lol.

A great day and great people make for a great cruise. I'm with you.....lets do it again soon!!!!

Brian

p.s. Hey Karen, she didn't even notice the lipstick on my shirt!!!!

p.s.s. I posted a couple of pics in my gallery and will also try to post them here although I never have much luck.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[IMG]IMGhttp://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9876&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500 IMG[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

told ya!!!!!
Old 10-12-2003, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, Shelby aluminum 496 ci FE
Not Ranked     

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know I made it home fine too. Jim I'm glad to hear you got home ok. We couldn't have asked for a nicer day, I had a great time (except for hell hill....I'd love to find out who it was that decided "hey, lets repave 664 on the nicest saturday of the year and see if we can make some cobra owners miserable). Maybe next year...or next time if I've sold the cobra I'll just join you with the mustang. Anyhow I enjoyed meeting everyone and hope to do it again sometime soon.

Doug
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 10-12-2003, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, Shelby aluminum 496 ci FE
Not Ranked     

P.S.
If anyone posts any pics of the cruise let us know here, I didn't take my camera and would love to print off a few. Thanks.

Doug
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra
Old 10-12-2003, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     

Kristi and I were on Hell Hill for about 60 seconds. We turned around and headed home the back way. By the way, 664 south from Conkles Hollow to Route 678 and then to 180, and 180 on up to 33 is an awesome drive. It was mostly lightly curving ridges with a great view of the foilage. I forgot about that stretch of road from 10 years ago. For next year, I'll do a bunch of driving in this area and find some really good roads for next year if anyone is interested.

Jim Downard
Old 10-12-2003, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Smile

We three had a fun time as well, even if our seat time was, um, BORING! At least Little D got his first taste of a Cobra! Thanks, Rick

You guys will be happy to know, we were deep into the trail at Conkles Hollow, and we heard you all leave! No way to miss that unmistakable rumble. Even little D gave a smile when I told him that was the Cobras leaving!

We got a few pix of the cars, so here ya go. Btw, it was WAY cool watching from the back of the pack, as you snaked along the hills and curves, with that gorgeous backdrop of color.

Awesome day!
~Dave&Maria&Diego
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2003, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Project "X" underway....twin turbo V6, AWD...
Not Ranked     
Talking

One more..
Attached Images

Old 10-12-2003, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ff5 302 b cam carb
Not Ranked     

Well it's sunday and we just got home to poland.
Had a great time and the weather was perfect and the people that we met were as nice as the weather.
I thought the traffic in Lancaster was worse that Hell Hill and we found out why on our wat back to Granville. Lancaster was having a hugh county fair3/4 blocks from the watering hole where we stopped. Could you belive that the manager had a cobra too.
I have 14 pictures but I am technically challenged. i can send them to somebody else for them to post. Let me know
Happy that everybody made it hole ok.
Sorry about OSU.
lets do it again, how about december?
jack and judy

My SEX life is not dead, but the BUZZARDS are circling.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:31 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Cruise

We to really enjoyed ourselves. Such a nice group of people. Once again, thanks Brian for the pictures. If you compare the ones from last year to this year you can tell that there was a BIG temperature difference!

I would love to find the genius who though it was a good idea to pave on some of the biggest weekends in that area of the country. You would think that every parking spot taken at every stop would be a sure indicator that this was a bad weekend for paving! But we did get something out of it. From now on only those that where with us will know what 'hell hill' is. It will be our secret handshake.

Dave, love the picture of Diego in the car. You can just see it on his face......'so how do I start this sucker'!

Finally one of those 'I got a buddy' or 'at home in the garage' stories turned out to be true! Stop in at a restuarant that never even heard of and the server has a Cobra! What makes this even stranger than truth is that he had never heard of Club Cobra, the Ohio Cobra Club and whats worse, DVSF. Hmmm, live in Ohio, half an hour from Columbus, Had a Cobra for three years and never been to the Fling. After DVSFIV (PLEASE!!!) he will have to seek therapy for missing the first three.

Brian, she didn't notice or didn't mention the lipstick? Watch your back man By the way, how was it that my wifes lip stick ended up on YOUR shirt again

The Bucks lose and Michigan wins. What is next, cats and dogs living together?

Next year we may be in the Mohican area north of Columbus near the Mansfield area. Many of the people that participate or want to participate are from cental and northern ohio so this seem to make some sense.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 10-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default One more thing

DECEMBER! I don't think they make Blizzacks in Cobra sizes! What would we call the December cruise? The 'Freeze a smile on your face' cruise!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster with 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

rdorman

What happened ??? Where was I ?? DVSF IV ??? How could I have missed it ?? So far I attended I, II, III.

Paul
Old 10-13-2003, 08:07 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You didn't miss Four!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: