View Single Post
Old 10-19-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Hi all

I'm back from the Run N Gun and back with Wayne Turpin at Evansville Indiana.

Posting using wtcobra site. See his photos.

We are going to post some addition photos on the All Talk Forum so slip back there and have a look.

Had a great time

Once back in Australia I will organise a Thread with all the photos.

In the meantime here's a few thoughts from the four days

I loved it

Was amazed at the variety of manufacturers present with Bob Kallio from Midstates and Rich Oben from Factory Five both there with cars and looking after their customers and their cars.

Both guys were on hand to talk about their product.

Some of the cars are bigger than the Australian cars with what appears to be a wider body from internal door to door.

There is a real effort to build cars to suite individuals particularly with size of the driver.

Midstates have a big boys car with deep footwells and lower seats.

I also saw a few cars that were up to 120mm longer in the doors.

Cubic inches rules. Having said that a V6 Buick powered car ran some great times with low 10sec passes down the quarter.

Wayne Turpin ran a best time of 10.6 at 136mph with lots of wheel spin and a faulty line locker. Slicks, line locker etc. would see the Cobra in the high 9's.

The participants had tons of time for yours truly and once photos are Posted you will see they even let me drive

Had an opportunity to look and ride in the new aluminium Cobra think it was CSX4324 Chuck Nickloy's. Sorry if I have the number wrong.

Chuck owns Premier Cobras and was great in letting me crawl all over his car and under it. Great riding in it also.

Workmanship was exceptional.

Most if not all cars are trailered. Wait till you see the photos of the trailers and the mobile homes.

Once again check out 'All Talk' as Wayne will have some photos posted later today.

Cheers all :3Dsmile:

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Posting on 'wtcobra' from sunny Evansville Indiana