Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-14-2003, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     
Smile Bernie Is In The States

G'Day All found this bloke in the STD Forum section think hes one of Us, by the sounds of it he is ?, Does anyone want to own up if they know him so he will look good for his US friends, maybe if we are all nice hw will bring us back lots of Cobra gifts.

Me first, Hey Bernie after your lovely long talks with Tina we need a Hard top for my superformance........

Bernie is now in the States
Hi all,

Well here I am in Evansville Indiana.

From sunny Mt. Gambier South Australia to LA a visit to the Petersen Museum, then over to Chicago for a drive south to Indy.

Toured the Indy Museum and went on a track tour. Drove south to Bowling Green Kentucky a toured the Corvette Museum and then over to the Plant for a tour of the Corvette assembly plant.

I remembered to take the FORD shirt off and changed into a Corvette 'T' shirt in a telephone box out the front.

Heading to Gateway Raceway in St. Louis Missouri for the
Run N Gun tomorrow.

Having fun

Will be back in Australia in mid November. Looking forward to taking the Cobra out for a drive. It is the start of summer !!!

Cheers all

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia (Posting under wtcobra - Indiana)

Whoaaaa

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 12.220.47.185

10-15-2003 02:41 AM

mrmustang
Husband/Father/Son

Cobra Make & Engine: On my fourth Cobra so far this year, guess I can't make up my mind.

Find yourself in the Northern, NJ area, let me know........

Bill S.

It should not matter what you spend on a Cobra, real or replica, what should matter is that your happy with your decision. If you have to come to a forum such as this, and knock others for their choices to make yourself feel superior, then it's time to take a step back from the keyboard and seek professional help.

Last edited by justbetter; 10-14-2003 at 06:37 PM..
Old 10-15-2003, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Ok

So I have been found !!

Will keep you posted.

Sorry cannot bring any parts back as I have a 5'10" Huntington Beach blonde in the spare seat next to me.

Cheers

Leaving now for Gateway Raceway and the Run N Gun.

Don't say anything bad about me in my absence.

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
Old 10-19-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

Hi all

I'm back from the Run N Gun and back with Wayne Turpin at Evansville Indiana.

Posting using wtcobra site. See his photos.

We are going to post some addition photos on the All Talk Forum so slip back there and have a look.

Had a great time

Once back in Australia I will organise a Thread with all the photos.

In the meantime here's a few thoughts from the four days

I loved it

Was amazed at the variety of manufacturers present with Bob Kallio from Midstates and Rich Oben from Factory Five both there with cars and looking after their customers and their cars.

Both guys were on hand to talk about their product.

Some of the cars are bigger than the Australian cars with what appears to be a wider body from internal door to door.

There is a real effort to build cars to suite individuals particularly with size of the driver.

Midstates have a big boys car with deep footwells and lower seats.

I also saw a few cars that were up to 120mm longer in the doors.

Cubic inches rules. Having said that a V6 Buick powered car ran some great times with low 10sec passes down the quarter.

Wayne Turpin ran a best time of 10.6 at 136mph with lots of wheel spin and a faulty line locker. Slicks, line locker etc. would see the Cobra in the high 9's.

The participants had tons of time for yours truly and once photos are Posted you will see they even let me drive

Had an opportunity to look and ride in the new aluminium Cobra think it was CSX4324 Chuck Nickloy's. Sorry if I have the number wrong.

Chuck owns Premier Cobras and was great in letting me crawl all over his car and under it. Great riding in it also.

Workmanship was exceptional.

Most if not all cars are trailered. Wait till you see the photos of the trailers and the mobile homes.

Once again check out 'All Talk' as Wayne will have some photos posted later today.

Cheers all :3Dsmile:

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.

Posting on 'wtcobra' from sunny Evansville Indiana

Old 10-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie sugests the Moon is Upside-down in Australia...is this really true...or do you guys just stand on your heads to get it right?
Enjoyed seeing you Bernie.......tell the boys about the Georgia Moon......
Left Gateway at 5PM...600 miles later arrived hom around 2:30 AM...the Ford V10 got a workout!
George

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: