Thread: QLD X-MAS Do
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Pete, I think the Cobra Club Christmas party is this weekend, but the 10th Anniversary day is on in a couple of weeks. This from the latest email...

> We are having a birthday party after the December breakfast to celebrate the Queensland club's 10th birthday. What we have planned is a highway photo shoot after breakfast, then a cobra run, then finish up at a park at Broadbeach Waters at the end of Monaco Street for lunch.
>
> The plan is to have a drivers briefing at the breakfast to make sure everyone knows what to do. We will try and leave in convoy as much as possible, and when we get onto the highway where there are 4 lanes, the idea is to take up position in the middle 2 lanes so other traffic can get around. We will probably need to go well under the speed limit to give all cobras a chance to get into formation. Then when the highway goes into 2 lanes, we should all be in place ready for our photo shoot. Some of us will be in tin tops at the back of the pack to try and keep everyone else away. If you have a mobile, try and bring it on the day. It may help if we can communicate between the ones at the front and back. On an overhead bridge just past Mudgeeraba, those who can will be in position to take as many shots as possible. This stretch of road is quite long and should give enough time to click away. It would be of help if the speed were reduced considerably to assist with getting as many cobras as possible in the shot. Remembering that we are taking up both lanes, the traffic should handle a momentary speed reduction. Once past the bridge, accelerate to go on a run. Some of us will then head back to the park to get everything set up.
>
> We will be arranging probably chicken from Big Rooster or the like, together with some salad's etc., and then a big birthday cake, all of which the club will pay for. If you wish to bring along children or other guests, then please feel free to do so. We may have to charge a couple of dollars for these, but depending on numbers, it may not be necessary. Do bring along your own drinks, picnic set and chairs or blanket.
>
> There is lots of room for parking, shady trees, picnic tables if we can get them, toilets, lake, and swings - so has the makings for an excellent day.
>
> It would be great if this could be the biggest event for the year, so please tell everyone you know so we can have as many people as possible.

Looking forward to you eating your words after the Aussies beat Wilkinson (I mean, the English Rugby Team)

I'm keen for a BBQ. I'll let others work out the when and where. Maybe if we just take our own steaks and beers and a bit of a platter/chips/dips etc. This might mean that we don't have to worry about catering for specific numbers. You know how unpredictable Cobra guys are.....