Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-20-2003, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     
Default QLD X-MAS Do

Look guys,

We have had to drop out of the Cobra do on the Gold Coast this weekend owing to a very important walkover (Go the Pommes). We're hosting a few guests (Ozzies and Englandos) on that night so the X-mas do will have to be missed.

SO

what we are planning is a X-mas get together.

Plans - no ideas. Jack does all that.

But we do want to you guys and gals (if they want to come along) and have one of those QLD barbies over the x-mas period and generally have a good time.

In Les's words.

What d ya think?
Old 11-20-2003, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

OHHH DEAR!!!!!!

Pete, are you sure ya neighbours are up to another visit.?

You live on a three lane street now.. unless ya send a bus for Craig..things could get real ugly
Old 11-20-2003, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Pete, I think the Cobra Club Christmas party is this weekend, but the 10th Anniversary day is on in a couple of weeks. This from the latest email...

> We are having a birthday party after the December breakfast to celebrate the Queensland club's 10th birthday. What we have planned is a highway photo shoot after breakfast, then a cobra run, then finish up at a park at Broadbeach Waters at the end of Monaco Street for lunch.
>
> The plan is to have a drivers briefing at the breakfast to make sure everyone knows what to do. We will try and leave in convoy as much as possible, and when we get onto the highway where there are 4 lanes, the idea is to take up position in the middle 2 lanes so other traffic can get around. We will probably need to go well under the speed limit to give all cobras a chance to get into formation. Then when the highway goes into 2 lanes, we should all be in place ready for our photo shoot. Some of us will be in tin tops at the back of the pack to try and keep everyone else away. If you have a mobile, try and bring it on the day. It may help if we can communicate between the ones at the front and back. On an overhead bridge just past Mudgeeraba, those who can will be in position to take as many shots as possible. This stretch of road is quite long and should give enough time to click away. It would be of help if the speed were reduced considerably to assist with getting as many cobras as possible in the shot. Remembering that we are taking up both lanes, the traffic should handle a momentary speed reduction. Once past the bridge, accelerate to go on a run. Some of us will then head back to the park to get everything set up.
>
> We will be arranging probably chicken from Big Rooster or the like, together with some salad's etc., and then a big birthday cake, all of which the club will pay for. If you wish to bring along children or other guests, then please feel free to do so. We may have to charge a couple of dollars for these, but depending on numbers, it may not be necessary. Do bring along your own drinks, picnic set and chairs or blanket.
>
> There is lots of room for parking, shady trees, picnic tables if we can get them, toilets, lake, and swings - so has the makings for an excellent day.
>
> It would be great if this could be the biggest event for the year, so please tell everyone you know so we can have as many people as possible.

Looking forward to you eating your words after the Aussies beat Wilkinson (I mean, the English Rugby Team)

I'm keen for a BBQ. I'll let others work out the when and where. Maybe if we just take our own steaks and beers and a bit of a platter/chips/dips etc. This might mean that we don't have to worry about catering for specific numbers. You know how unpredictable Cobra guys are.....
Old 11-20-2003, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As long as you don't leave your rubber in the back yard I don't give a damn.

I have 4 kids who could position themselves down the road waiting for Craig to burn on by.

Who knows , I could retread the Falkens on what is left.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Les - I make it a policy not to return to the scene for at least a month. Hopefully the neighbours have forgotten by then...
Old 11-20-2003, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Craig..

2 Things.....

Concentrate on Wilkinson and you'll forget the rest - good ploy.

and

Me and Jack will be there for the December run. Thanks for the info. Knowing me I'd be cruisong up the slow lane at a fast rate of knots.

Middle lanes - must remember that.

Discussed the NOS with Jack, She say's no, so looks like a strong possiblity
Old 11-20-2003, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

...so we shouldn't do to Wilkinson what the Pommy league guys did to the Aussies in the first 12 seconds of the game them?!?

No, we'll just neutralise the playmakers that get the ball to lil Johnny. He may as well sit in the corner and build sand castles for all the ball he'll get during game....

I can't wait !!!!!

Jack... no=yes ? Great ! NOS make a nice blue bottle, it's even colour coordinated. What more could you ask for?
Old 11-21-2003, 04:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

What date in December is this birthday party?
I will be in Brisbane 8 - 9 - 10 of december, I know that is mid week but I am only calling through on my way to Melbourne.

Go the Aussies.......................

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Missed it by a day... 7th December.

Why on earth would you continue through Brisbane to go to Melbourne anyway?!?
Old 11-21-2003, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Leaveing Alice Springs and going to Mission Beach (wifes parents and old home) in North QLD then down via Brissie through Port Stevens to Sydney then onto Melbourne, across to Adelaide and back up to Alice.
1 BIG loop

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 11-21-2003, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We haven't organised a date as yet, but doubt very much it will be during the week as I could easily be in Sydney earning a crust.

Its a shame as it would have been good meeting up with you.

Maybe we could all come across to your place sometime next year.
Old 11-21-2003, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As a suggestion for a meetplace, how about Sirromet Wines at Mt. Cotton.

The only problem will be once there it will be hard to leave.

I could organise a wine tour if you want the exercise.

I'm sure with Paul Morris's V8 Holden, they may be interested in a few Cobra's / GT40's turning up.

Unsure of dates, but probably before x-mas as am heading over to the motherland (GO THE ENGLANDERS) after x-mas.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: