View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 496 FE side oiler TKO II
Not Ranked     

Gcruz,
Your car (kit, roller, etc) will be titled as the year the kit is completed. NJ will classify the car as "reconstructed". In order to title the car, you will have to submit the car for an engineering inspection. One part of the inspection is locating the pollution control equipment required for the year of the block. So.....if you have a newer block, you will need to show the engineering inspector your cats, sensors, etc. If you have an older block (and can prove it), then the pollution equipment requirements are minimal or nonexistent. Once you pass this inspection, you will be issued a title. Once titled, if you register as a normal vehicle, you will have a pollution excemption for the year of the motor. Or you can register as Collector Car (not historic) and not go through inspection but have a mileage limitation of 3,000 per year.

My SPF titling has been delayed extensively because I did not understand the NJ rules. I am now back on track with a '63 427 FE block. I hope to finish this process by the spring.

Robert