View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     
Default Which Kit.............

Ok I've read the forum. I believe my question is a little different to the others.

Ok. I'm young, and still at uni. Deferring next year to work.

I'm looking at buying a kit. The reason why I believe my question is different is:

1. Cost is a big factor. It has to be done to a budget.
2. I'm not after huge horses. Nat asperated, either a XR8 ford motor (GT 290??) or a Lexus 4Ltr.
3. IRS I can live without.
4. I'm very mechanical and good with my hands. I just finished by first full rebuild on an XP Panelvan. I am hoping the Cobra has no rust to be removed then i'll be happy....

I'm a Victorian, live in Melbourne. What I'm after is a daily driver (almost) so a hard top is a definate. It must be lockable and "safe". A rolling chassis is the ultimate (no mucking around) but I will/am happy to build one from nothing if it will save me 1000 bucks labour, as it'd just be a waste of money. I don't mind driving to get it, brissy and perth are destinations for the next big holiday anyway.....

Other questions include:

What are the normal processes getting a kit? What is the normal deposit? Is there a deposit? How long does it usually take (loosely) for the kit to be ready from the deposit stage to pickup?

Cheers and thanks,

Nathan Smith