Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > 429/460 Engine Talk

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 12-27-2009, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default How many owner groundup builders are here?

How many of you that visit this forum built your own cars? How long did it take you?
I started my CMC kit in 93,was downsized out of my carreer job in 94,ended up managing an Auto parts store finishing my car in 95.Started out going with small block drivetrain.With the savings at the auto parts store changed everything over to support big block.Have since upgraded complete drivetrain a second time to support nearly 600 hp 460 ci.
Over the course of that time met a lot of great people,making my car as much like an original as possible,and loving it all the more because never a concern over hurting value when performing upgrades.
Thanks to Cobra Restorers,and all those with the special skills that help make my dream car what it is today.Every time I get out to the shop the car is sitting in, that incredible feeling makes me grin.
Lets here from you!

Last edited by mdross1; 12-27-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What do you mean by" ground up"? I build everything from the ground up, starting with the frames ,I go to the supply house and buy lenghs of tubing and such, build jigs/ fixtures, make the frames, brackets, suspension pieces. For the body , I start with an armature/plaster plug, build molds, mold my own bodies, roofs , hoods, etc. If that 's what you mean by "ground up", count me in.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

+1
from 3D model

i thought that you should take a look scratch builders sub-forum
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/scratch-builders-forum/
Old 12-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I am one at this point, planning to drive Summer 2010.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2498 has been in our family garage since '68....Scratch built aluminum bodied 427SC Cobra, 427FE, CSX3000 chassis specs, 95% finished, only needs paint.
Not Ranked     

I fabricated most of my build, CSX3000 style chassis and attaching parts. All of the brackets & alum closeout panels. I did purchase the original style suspension A arms, the alum body & fuel tank.

The CR blueprints I purchased were a guide at best, the club cobra builders made the finished product possible. They filled in all the holes in the prints.

My build is a running, driving go kart, we are attaching the alum body now. It should be finished for next spring/summer.

later, karl

Last edited by KarlCSX2498; 12-27-2009 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: add photo
Old 12-27-2009, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruce View Post
What do you mean by" ground up"? I build everything from the ground up, starting with the frames ,I go to the supply house and buy lenghs of tubing and such, build jigs/ fixtures, make the frames, brackets, suspension pieces. For the body , I start with an armature/plaster plug, build molds, mold my own bodies, roofs , hoods, etc. If that 's what you mean by "ground up", count me in.
Mr Bruce,you are definetly in a different league.Most of us do not have the luxury of the needed space to do what you do,nor the equipment.I for one have body off restored several muscle cars,that needing at least a two bay,then a space to work on smaller parts and pieces.Groundup to me has always been starting with bare frame,working from there.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coombe, Shelby Block 496
Not Ranked     

My first build was a HiTech, well rear end and front end was there, every thing else was hunted down or made by my self. Great time building the car sad to see her go but new projects in the works are keeping me entertained.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     
Wink

S'pose Im in with Mr Bruce, although some 'nice' people refer to it as being underground even tho the loft is 8 feet up, its still 'down under'!

Karl CSX..., if you need more yard space that mustang would look better at my place....
Attached Images

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: