Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > 429/460 Engine Talk

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2002, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Cool My 514 with Holley EFI

Here it is. Hope it will post. if not, just check out my photo gallery !

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/index.php?photo=2490
Attached Images

James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 06-30-2002, 09:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

BnB

Sweet

That instrument cluster is one nicely wrought assembly
When is the "due date" for completion?
Old 06-30-2002, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice BiB. Must be getting excited.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Bill, G.R.

Yep, it looks like late July delivery at this point. Vern Redel tells me this is the most detailed and custom car he has ever produced at West Coast, and therefore it is taking a little extra time for all those little details, like the instrument cluster (Which includes an in-cockpit FI pressure gauge!, the sender and gauge were $350 just to purchase, and I had to wait 60 days for delivery of the Autometer FI gauge/sender combo, because it was custom order, you can see it in the bottom left of the panel, and it still does not match the other gauges 100% )

The final body fitting (to the spaceframe) is being done right now, and it will go out for final paint soon. The really custom aspects of the build are pretty much done, and now it's straight on build time, predictable as far as time frame. looks like I will have 2-3 months of nice weather this year to enjoy her
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-01-2002, 01:40 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Hey BiB!

Details! Details! We want to know what manifold, harness, what size injectors, part numbers, everything! So we can build the same thing.

Don't hold back - tell all!

Tom
Old 07-01-2002, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up OK, here ya go:

These are Holley parts numbers/description:

HOL *534-79 Fuel rail (need 2)
HOL *534-129 Harness
HOL *534-142 ECU TO sensor
HOL *538-24 Map sensor
HOL *534-85 Injector weld bung
HOL *43-106 02 sensor
HOL *534-49 02 bung
HOL *512-503-5 Fuel pressure sensor
HOL *534-144 Mapping software (uses laptop w/windows)
HOL *534-120 Commander ECM
HOL *512-105 MPFI fuel pump
HOL *562-1 Fuel filter
HOL *9900-171 TBI Body 1000 CFM
HOL *522-36088 set of (8) 36 lb injectors, good for up to 650 HP

Total discount price was $2846 including 8% state sales tax (You may save some dinero ordering out of state)

OH, THE MANIFOLD IS AN EDELBROCK TORKER II, CUSTOM MILLED OUT BUNG POSITIONS! (CNC WORK DONE BY VERN REDEL OF WEST COAST COBRAS)

EFI rules! I really don't like carbs!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Back in Black; 07-01-2002 at 03:37 PM..
Old 07-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks BiB!

One more question: where did you locate the O2 sensor?

Tom
Old 07-01-2002, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Bought everything from a local retailer

They bought everything direct from Holley. Hope that helps, I think the parts list is complete.

More pics as they become available. The air filter will be a "COBRA" oval style, with K & N filter.

BiB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-01-2002, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I knew when I typed it that I didn't ask the right question

What I meant to ask is: where in the headers did the O2 sensor end up being installed? I have mine just downstream of the place where the collector starts - that is, just after the four individual pipes on each bank come together.

Sorry for the confusion.

Also, while I'm picking your brain, does the system require two gas lines, i.e., on from tank -> engine, and the other a return from engine -> tank, or just one gas line?

Thanks,

Tom
Old 07-01-2002, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb TOM: I will check with Vern and get back to this thread to post the info

It may be a few days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-16-2002, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Tom, here are some answers:

Yes, there is a return line, and if you have a fuel cell with foam, just direct the return flow into the foam. With a regular tank, the same, but direct the fuel into a wall at an angle, to reduce the vapor and aeration effect in the tank (There is currently another thread on the main board about this also)
Either way, keep the return line as far away as reasonably possible from the fuel pump, (it must be in the tank for FI) and route it in the coolest position, away from hot brake lines, oil cooler lines, etc...

Realize that you also need a fuel pressure guage, as I have, either mounted in the dash (expensive because you need the isolation unit, it's NOT safe otherwise!) OR, mounted in the motor compartment, on one of the rails, fuel line, etc...(I think rail mounting is the way to go)

The O2 sensor is indeed mounted just below the collection point for the headers, in the motor compartment.

Hope those answers help.

PS, what is the color you have on your cobra? It is similar to my Dark burgundy cherry pearl (I will have ghosted silver stripes also)
Nice color choice on your car, something classy but different !

Steven, AKA, BiB
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Back in Black; 07-16-2002 at 12:04 PM..
Old 07-28-2002, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info - I'm going to pursue the MPFI setup - too much hassle with the Demon.

The color is supposed to be Ford Expedition 2000 Laser Red with a white stripe. I'm a bit color blind but managed to get a color everyone seems to like! Also they tell me it is much better than the "real" Laser Red - a bit deeper and/or brighter. If I talk to the painter he'll probably tell me the formula. Lots of clear coat on top of it too.

Regards,

Tom