Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > 429/460 Engine Talk

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2002, 11:23 AM
I feel the need for speed
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default BiB

Glad to hear that your WCC is almost finished... I am just in th eprocess of getting info together to redo the engine.... I currently have the 460 with 585 Hp and Holley 750 carb....car runs well but as with all Cobra owners...."More Power" is the rule...I am going to most likely get a Flatlander assembled block (532 ci). House of Cobras (www.houseofcobras.com) is nearly finished with their stacker EFI for the 460 motor... I have spoken to Dean there about it and it should really cook!!

The other option is a Force Injection EFI set-up with dual injectors (16) and a 2000 CFM throttle body....They will set up everything, ready to run if you give them all the specs on your motor and what your expectations/desires are for performance. They will install an ACCEL Gen VII ECU with PC interface. They will get all the settings for you so the engine will run and you can tweak it with the software and download changes on the fly to the ECU.....

This particular setup with the Flatlander motor (compression ration 9.5:1-10:1) and an ATI/Procharger intercooled supercharger will also work well. In this case....you can use an MSD 6 ignition with variable boost retard (adjustable inside the cockpit)to ensure that you don't overboost the engine. The MSD also has a variable rev limiter.....This is a very streetable option and well worth the $$.

Any ways......email me at mnoel@mecaenviro.com and let me know where I can get in touch with you to compare notes about our WCC's. thanks.....Mike
Old 10-05-2002, 11:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Default Making progress !

The hardtop was painted the other day, and the body cannot be far behind now...my Billet specialties Rebels and the 10 inch front and 12 inch rear Pirellis are ready to go (They are the set intended for the Ferrari 456)

I shall have pics velly velly soon of the finished paint...should be awesome !

Mike, I will drop you a line soon . The individual EFI injectors would be great...might even convert to it later.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 10-05-2002, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BiB,

Does the hardtop have windows? We get a lot of "sideways" rain down here and I would hate to have my nice leather interior soaked if I get caught parked outside during a squall.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Default From what I have been told, Mannye,.....

It has the same type of (removable) soft plastic windows as a softtop does....this is good here in the NW since we also get a lot of rain...although she will be parked if rain looks likely..

I also have a soft top coming with mine

My hard top will be the first production unit, and therefore all I currently have is a pic of the raw top as fitted...and the description of the side windows from vern...I have been requested not to post that pic, so hard top pics will have to wait until I get pics of the paint job, hopefully this week...

I plan to design removable plexiglass locking windows later for my hardtop, if at all possible.... this to discourage pilfering hands when she is parked and left at some outing, etc.. they could be stored in the trunk in a deployment bag to allow side air flow.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm