Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > 429/460 Engine Talk

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2003, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default truth in advertising

Anyone know where I can find some 460 fender emblems to replace the false 427 ones I'm sporting now. Thanks, Bill
Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 PM
I feel the need for speed
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 460 Emblem

Hey bill....I have the place for you...go to

http://www.cobrarestorers.com/

Select Cobra for type and then select Emblems

on the second page is a list for "Hi Performance"....the stock number says EM007

Open the pic and you will see they have all types of emblems including the 460...

Hope this helps!!

Mike
Old 09-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks! It's ok in my book for a guy to run whatever he feels comfortable with. As for me, I feel more comfortable running an emblem that is "accurate".

So for my 302 I used "Powered by Ford" emblems!

Hmmmmm,,,,,what if you had Chevy, Buick or who knows what power? Things would get complicated!

Ernie
Old 09-29-2003, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Mike, I've seen those before and decided that was a picture of everything they used to have. If you follow across from the EM007 you see an illustration designation of JJ and that is the actual emblem in that picture that they show you. I'll email them just to be sure. Thanks for the try though. Bill
Old 09-29-2003, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Got a response from Cobra Restorers, Sandra said "no got". Anyone else have any ideas? Bill
Old 09-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 460 Emblem

Bill,

try this one....

http://www.cobraspares.com/badges.htm
Old 09-29-2003, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike, I just emailed them, to get ordering instructions. They say to follow the link to their sister site to do online ordering. Their sister site doesn't have them. Maybe it would be easier to swap the 460 for a 427...
Old 09-29-2003, 10:17 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill....I will keep my eyes open...let me know if you find the 460 emblems...

Mike
Old 09-30-2003, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Custom Emblems

I had the same dilemma with my 514 and finally decided to go without a side emblem. That was before paint, so the car looks fine without it. I've seen a source for "custom" emblems here:

http://www.legendarycobra.com/

Click on the 514 emblem in the center of the page and there is information on who to contact. I looked at it, but it wasn't for me, so I chose to go without. I can tell people who ask and those that don't....they don't care.

BTW, while talking about that area of the car, if anyone is interested, I just had my West Coast side louvers fabricated in stainless steel. Didn't like the black look. My source can make more if anyone is interested.

Good luck with the emblem search.

Chuck
Old 09-30-2003, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra weber fuel injected 557 C.I.. 800H.P 760LBS. TQ. Magnum T56
Send a message via AIM to MAXVELO
Not Ranked     
Default ANYBODY KNOW THESE GUYS???

Does anybody know Carl Robinson or Micheal Burroughs that work for Weld Motorsports? Im just curious cause I bought my car from Mike B. in Kansas City Mo. They said they are pretty well known in the Cobra Community. They are the ones that built my car origionally for advertising their new line of Forged aluminum wheels. Thats how I ended up with these one off wheels they left on the car after the show circuit was over and the car was no longer needed.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 460 Crate
Not Ranked     

I bought my 460 emblems from Cobra Restorers years ago.

Did you try Tony Branda? Or Finishline?
Old 10-01-2003, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks everyone. Cobra Restorers and Branda haven't responded to my email, Finish Line (the best people to do business with that I've ever come across) don't have them, I'll call Lengendary today. Stiil think an engine swap would be simpler.
Chuck, what kind of money did you give up for your louvers, any pictures?... "over and out", Bill
Old 10-01-2003, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 460 Crate
Not Ranked     

BTW, the emblems I bought from Cobra Restorers were not all that unique. Point is that the "4" "6" and "0" were just stick on numbers from some kind of graphics sheet. You could probably get a set of 427 emblems, peel off the "27" and find a "6" and an "0". Just a thought!
Old 10-01-2003, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I agree

The emblems on the legendarycobra site appear to be just that....stick on numbers. Didn't satisfy my taste, but maybe the picture's not an accurate representation of the product.

The pair of stainless louvers were $100. I've attached a picture of a black one next to a stainless one in my gallery.

Chuck

Last edited by cwmcobra; 10-01-2003 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-02-2003, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks again guys. I agree, I don't see the quality I was hoping for, at least not in the picture. I think I'll take mine to a guy down the street from me, that does custom vehicle lettering, and see what he wants to do them. I should have thought of that in the first place. Bill
Old 10-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Howdy Chuck!

Did you get your side pipes to fit or did you have to cut on the car to get them to fit??

Mine is going back in to re-do the throttle bodies. the plates are sticking a bit.

BTW...the builder who put my car together has a site with my Cobra on it..He is at

http://www.badasscars.com

Mike

Last edited by Mohuska; 10-02-2003 at 07:29 PM..
Old 10-02-2003, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default What a Beauty!

That's a great looking car and fantastic looking and running engine. My only question is.....if it can shred the Richmond Gear tranny, what are you going to replace it with???

I'm still stumbling along with my build. Since summer (and apparently fall also) is gone, I'm on no particular timeline and taking it slowly. Making a few mods along the way as well. I'll post some pics when its in final form.

Good to hear from you....keep in touch.

Chuck