Thread: T56 & 351w
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2004, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hi Jamin....My questions were directed at OZVENOM because he is one of our local Guru's so I'm sure interested to see his response to my latest thread.

With regard to shifter location. I know Aussie Mike has perfected this mod and I have discussed this issue with him...however...The length of the 012 T56 from front of bellhousing to shifter is 671.5 mm.

I measured my T5 with bell housing attached and it's 661mm. (495.7 trans length plus about 166mm for the bell housing)
Seems my shifter position will be about the same.

I dont have the dimentions of the forward shift location (inspection plate) of the T56 and it may be that it could be too far forward and may interfere with my dash board in the first and third gear positions. I think this subject depends on the actual kit and motor location in relation to the seating location.

Anyways....I hope this helps a little and keep an eye on this thread cus I'm looking forward to OZVENOMS response.

It may take a while to get his answer tho because I know he now does the dishes at his place...It's the only way he can get his hands on that S/S scourer pad he puts in sidepipes.
cheers

Last edited by Rebel1; 01-16-2004 at 06:51 PM..