View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Misfit41 Tim I would go with the Alum flywheel for a couple of reasons 1 The car only wieght 2700 lbs. with you. A 15 lbs is fine for all driving except stop and go. If you don't ride the clutch I see no problem. 2 Pressure plate same thing, Guys are putting 3200 lbs plates on cars with 2500 lbs wieght. I but a Gold centerforce on my car and had shifting problems over 3500 rpm. Called them 4 times and talked about the sliding wieghts locking up the clutch and not letting it shift. I took the wieghts off and the shifting got alot better. I made one mistake and DIDN"T center the Lakewood on the block, it was .028 off center. This may have added to the shifting problem. I used all 6 bolts in the pressure plate. My plate is set up for Ford and Chevy bolt patterns. My motor is very mild and the Alum makes it nicer to race. 1/4 mile I leave at 1500 rpm or blow the Pilots off. The car runs 12.50's now with the same setup. I am building another Shelby motor to 489 or 496 with BB rods and roller cam I will use the same set up with a 3000 lbs pressure plate because of the tork and HP this motor is going to make. McLoed makes a twin disc that is tops. I have looked into this and may go with it. Do one thing and have the WHOLE crank assembly balanced, pulleys,dampener,crank,flywheel, and clutch assembly. I hope this helps. My motors all will idle at 750-800 rpm without shaking the crap out of me or the car. I like big tork motors, the hp is extra bonus. Let me know what happens. Rick Lake