View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

Lw...I'm on my third Cobra...1st had a fairly stock 351, cast heads but rollerized. The unique sound with this engine was when you pushed in the clutch and let off the gas...between gears you would hear a gasp...this was really cool. This engine didn't really sound beefy at idle. The 2nd was a 425hp 351 w/aluminum edelbrock heads. This engine definately had a beefy sound...in all gears and at idle. The funny thing is it didn't gasp like #1. I then heard my buddies FFR with the fuel injected 302 w/aluminum heads. There is definately a unique sound to a beefed 302. These always seem to have a low rumble/roar in all gears and as long as it remains carbureted at idle also. I have ridden in a 427 car and I kid you not...it sounded just like a 302. My #3 is a BDR with a 302 and 400+, with AFR 185 heads. This car sounds absolutely mean at idle and roars when haulin ass. Ask anyone about the sound of a 302 and you'll get one !