View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 69 Mach 1
Send a message via Yahoo to asswit
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all of the info.

Engine and Auto tranny are still in the car so next time I get under it I will check to see if the existing tranny is bolted to the engine w/ 5 or 6 bolts. I am preaty sure that it is the origional 69 block. It does for sure have the 69 casting heads on it.

The drive shaft that I have does have a 28 spline output yolk and does fit over the output shaft.

Your discription on how to replace the input shaft has definatly made me squemish. I don't think that I am going to attemp it myself.

-Looks like about a "g" for the rebuild at David Kees + most of the $400 core would probably get eaten up in shipping something so heavy I would imagine.

Outstanding:

- may need a different tail shaft
- still need clutch assembly
- drive shaft may still not be the correct length
- bell may not be correct bolt count
- shifter will probably need new rods to go to an adjusted location w/ new tailshaft

Other:
-May need a different starter to engage flywheel?
-May need to cut a hole in floor of car to allow for new pedal/ standard linkage to pass through.
-will linkage make it past the headers that are on the engine to the toploader tranny or will I need special headers?

Right now I am thinking that maybe I should just give up on the whole idea of changing this car to standard..........

Whereas not imposible, looks like alot more hard work ,time and money.