View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1968 AC COBRA COB 6132, 427 SC Side Oiler the last original AC chassis built for Paramount
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up What's the most EXOTIC car you've driven?

Another thread asks for a rare car you've seen. But what about the most exotic, exciting car you've driven other than your Cobra. For me, over ten years ago, my friend tossed me the keys to his Ferrari F40 and said let her rip. I put the key in and pushed the red starter button and the sweet sounding V8 came to life. We were on a race course and I could hear the soft tires picked up all the small debris on the pavement and fiercely flung it against the thin kevlar inner fender panels like a machin-gun burst. As I stomped on the gas and the tires hooked on the straightaway the turbos wooshed in at 3500rpm and as my neck snap back and my body was compressed into the racing seat, I could physically feel the blood from my forehead get sucked behind my head. As I approached the first corner I realized I was going in way too fast and slammed on the brakes as I turned. The car went around like it was on rails and I stomped on the gas again and the next corner approached and again I was into it too fast. That was the way the car was, the V8 screaming and the turbos whooshing and popping right behind your head. When I got back to the pit and got out of the car, my legs were wobbly and my hand was shaking. As I handed the keys back to my friend he noticed that not only was I shaking all over, but had this silly grin on my face and just nodded. That was one hell of a ride. What's your's?

Shin

Enjoy the six pleasures of life: Good Health, Good Food, Good Friends, Good Sleep, Good Sex, and Driving your Cobra