View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question How many women (partners) get a drive of the Cobra

The Vics well know that up until recently I was the only 'woman' who messed it with the boys in our club events. Although, the most proud was when I came runner up to a 10 second Monaro in the dial-in competition at Heathcote Park a couple of years ago.

At the National's there are only a handful of women that compete.

So my question is, why don't other women compete?

Secondly, does your partner drive the Cobra. I hear some guys saying the 'wife' isn't allowed to drive it...or that you guys do so much work to it they would be scared to drive it. What's up with that?

A few of you know a few years ago I 'crashed' the Cobra going too fast into a corner and took out the front end. Guys come up to me saying that Jason wouldn't be happy about this one. Of course, he came up concerned first about myself (hmmm or was he just saying that). Mind you I felt so guilty I practically gave him an open cheque book, so he took it off the road and dropped the seats, made mods to the scoop and painted it in 'our' favourite colours dodge-viper blue with candy apple stripes. No seriously despite the fact that Jason built it, the Cobra we have shared.

I hear some women have no interest in the Cobra's at all, ie. that the Cobra smells - exhaust, their hair gets messed up etc. Pretty sad for you guys I think.

Oh did I tell you we have a roof but it doesn't go on...go figger. But I know that Jase thinks what's the point of a convertible in having a roof...we just rug up more. Anyway you only get wet when you slow down or stop.

Last edited by Mrs. REPTYL; 03-20-2004 at 02:22 PM..