View Single Post
Old 03-24-2004, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     
Default Motor Questions

Hey Guys,

I am thinking I will pick my Cobra project up from A&C in mid April but already have a bunch of questions.

I am a big Mopar nut and origionally was going to do my Cobra with a Mopar powertrain. After a lot of research I decided to do a Cobra the Ford way first and learn from that project weather or not I would do another the Mopar way. Problem is that my Ford knowledge is lacking.

I was planning on going the 351 route but have not come up with one in my area that I liked. I was thinking of a late model fuel injected 5.8 out of a Bronco. Are there the performance upgrades available for the injected 5.8s like there are for the 5.0s?

The next thing I wonder about is what the difference is between the Mustang GT 5.0 and the 5.0 in the rest of Fords line up are? I ask this only because there are about 20 to chose from in the local salvage yard and no GT 5.0s. I will go through the motor completely no matter what I get so do I have to have the GT motor to have a hot one? I am looking for about 350 hp for the finished product.

The last question for now is on transmissions. The car will have a 5 speed. All the motors I have found are hooked to autos. With a mopar there are balancing issues to deal with with the change from autos to manuals. Will this be a concern with the Ford motors? So far people have told me to bolt the manual on and go.

Thanks Guys,
Aaron