View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the formula Viking. I slept my way through organic chemistry. I was having a problem with diesling in my new 427. got the timing down as low as 8 BTC and the idle at 700. It still wouldn't stop. I was running 76 "premium" 91 octane and nothing I did helped.

I put in a can of hy-per fuel octane booster www.hyperlube.com and the problem cleared itself up. They advertise 7 octane points (not legal for street use)... Either way problem solved. I cranked the static timing back to 12 and the idle back up to 850 worked like a charm, but at $8.00 a pint I'm in over my head.

It seems my 10.5:1 calculations were wrong, they had to be closer to 10.9-11 for it to act this way. Either way I will save a ton with 15% Toluene.

:-)

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)