View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 10:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 GT 350 #2264
Not Ranked     

I think the last one on eBay was trying for 9 grand. The provenance of this Jacket will make it more valuable. She should obtain as much information as to who wore the Jacket and what years possibly even what Races it attended. If the Original owner is still living, A Letter of Authenticity should be obtained from him. Of course there in lies the issue of Compensation for such a Letter as he is adding Value to something That was his, that is now worth a considerable sum of money. to him, it was an old Work Jacket! Unless you can find original patches and thread to install them with, Leave it AS IS!! enough Damage has been done by removal of Patches and cleaning. that Jacket should be put in a Vacuum sealed storage Bag and held on to until you feel it is time to sell. The other issue at hand is just because values go up, Does not mean they cannot come back down. Strike while the iron is hot. One thing most people do not realize is that we all die sometime. The question I pose is whether or not You want to profit from your possessions or Die and let whoever it is that will go through your items Profit or possibly unknowingly dispose of your Valuable old COBRA Jacket thinking it is some out of Date piece of Moth Food! Thus the theory of One mans junk is another mans treasure!

Last edited by daltondavid; 05-22-2004 at 10:38 AM..