View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Talking Just got my emissions test

JSM,

I just went through the testing, and passed. No cat's on my car!

In Missouri, here is what is going on.

First, you will register the car as a "Specialty Constructed Vehicle". You really need to do this to pay your sales taxes, and get a legit VIN number from the state of Missouri. I have a WORD document that I can e-mail to you; it outlines how to go about getting titled. I do not recommend trying to title the car as a "65". It is against the law in Missouri as far as I know. (I have done this twice)

Second, as of today, your car will fall under "Kit Car" rules for emissions testing, after the first 2 years after you have the car titled (same as a "new" production vehicle). "Kit Car" allows for 500-PPM Hydrocarbons, and 500PPM CO2. This is an "idle" test.

Now my motor spits more gas than it uses , so I retarded the timing to a ridiculous point, and turned the idle screws until the car almost would not run. It ran crappy, but it passed the test. The car was "re-tuned" even before I was home.

In the next year, the House in Missouri is expected to pass new legislation that will allows both of us to register our cars as "Hot Rods". It "should help the emissions thing, but I bet you can pass anyway.

Eric

Last edited by Great Asp; 06-28-2004 at 06:45 PM..