17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-28-2004, 06:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Missouri Emissions

Guys, I just ordered a FFR kit. How do I register it and does emissions test requirements apply? Can I register it as a 65 even if it's new....or do I bite the bullet and put in cat converters??? (Not that I'm going to be registering soon!)

Thanks Steve
Old 06-28-2004, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Talking Just got my emissions test

JSM,

I just went through the testing, and passed. No cat's on my car!

In Missouri, here is what is going on.

First, you will register the car as a "Specialty Constructed Vehicle". You really need to do this to pay your sales taxes, and get a legit VIN number from the state of Missouri. I have a WORD document that I can e-mail to you; it outlines how to go about getting titled. I do not recommend trying to title the car as a "65". It is against the law in Missouri as far as I know. (I have done this twice)

Second, as of today, your car will fall under "Kit Car" rules for emissions testing, after the first 2 years after you have the car titled (same as a "new" production vehicle). "Kit Car" allows for 500-PPM Hydrocarbons, and 500PPM CO2. This is an "idle" test.

Now my motor spits more gas than it uses , so I retarded the timing to a ridiculous point, and turned the idle screws until the car almost would not run. It ran crappy, but it passed the test. The car was "re-tuned" even before I was home.

In the next year, the House in Missouri is expected to pass new legislation that will allows both of us to register our cars as "Hot Rods". It "should help the emissions thing, but I bet you can pass anyway.

Eric

Last edited by Great Asp; 06-28-2004 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-29-2004, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 1829 /DSS Pro Bullet 306 with 1993 Cobra "R" induction, TF Heads, E303, 24lb inj.
Send a message via Yahoo to Naja65
Not Ranked     

Go to http://governor.mo.gov/legis04/index.htm

to track SB1233. It is waiting for Gov. Holden to sign!! Has the Custom car wording and the authorization to title as what ever year it most closely resembles. No emission testing! When he signs it, it may have effective date as early as Aug 1st, 2004. I would wait a bit and research this change in the rules.
Keith
Old 06-29-2004, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     
Default Keith is right!

Hi Keith!,

I was hoping Keith would respond.

He has been one of the guys at the front of following/pushing this through. I do not think it will change the title, or would it? Keith??????

Eric
Old 06-29-2004, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys...just read SB1233....somebody did good!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up SB1233 Signed today! 7/9/04

Now I wonder what the procedure will be-hmmmmmm.
Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft # 91, Black w/White stripes and Red Rookie's, 302 w/AFR 185's.
Not Ranked     

JSM.....take as few reciepts as possible to the cluster at the Truman Bldg. Make copies of these items...for they will keep the reciepts you show them. Also...make an appt. at Troup F inspection station...Jeff City. They usually run 2-3 weeks behind. I've done this screwin' 3 times......i'm sore!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: