View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 11:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, GenIII, LS6, 6 speed T56
Not Ranked     
Talking New Cobra Addict

I have purchased a Kit from Ian at Classic Revival. If all goes to plan I should pick it up mid August. I've been a Cobra enthusiast as long as I can remember, (although from a distance). There is simply nothing to compare to the look and sound of these awesome machines. I have no reason to doubt that the driving experience will live up to my expectations.

Anyway I have enjoyed reading the various threads that you all post.

If I may, a few questions;

1. Engines - I had considered the generation III 5.7 injected Chevy, however have heard rumours about a 6 litre and 6.2 litre version that may be available in Australia soon. The rumour surrounds the Monaro upgrades. Has anyone any information about this?

2. Build manuals - I have Ian’s, but can you direct me to any other manuals, texts etc that would help in the build process?

3. Colour - Paint - I want to use my Cobra as much as possible ( not a show room display car ) but I also know that the quality of paint finish can make or brake a car‘s looks. Is two pack the best option? What about number of clear finish coats? What about metallic finishes? And what about these paints on fibreglass?

I have a thousand other questions, but they can wait for a another time.

It is great to know I can talk to others who have at some time been where I am now!

Cheers SNKBTE
( definitely bitten )