View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham/Southern 427 SO finally on the road
Not Ranked     
Default overheating 427 sideoiler....a reprise

’m sorry that I haven’t posted the list regarding the overheating problem I was having on my Kirkham with Southern’s sideoiler, but I made an agreement with Bill Parham that I wouldn’t post anything about this until it was resolved. I want to thank everyone who contributed to helping me, and all of the efforts everyone has put forth. After lots of experimentation and phone calls between Bill Parham and me, it appears that the problem is one of air flow. Bill was great to work with and keenly interested in the problem. At one point he even offered to take my car, at his expense, to Georgia to sort things out. WOW what great service...just like the Kirkhams! On the interstate, with an ambient temp of about 97°, the car is at about 88-90C, but in town, with the decrease in air flow, it runs about 95-102°C, requiring not only the puller fan, but the 2 pusher aux fans as well. I’d really like to know what temperatures others are seeing with big block fords in the hot summers. Anybody use a smaller WP pulley? thanx again to everyone. steve meltzer

"Never enough time to do it right, always enough time to
do it over"