View Single Post
Old 11-03-2004, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default I hate to sound like a n00b...

...but I am. I work at a Ferrari/Maserati dealer but I am trying to fix a couple of small oil leaks on a customer's 427 replica. It has an aluminum 427 with a dry sump and I can't seem to get the oil pan off.

As far as I can tell, I have all of the bolts off. It has a two piece cast aluminum pan, the front half containing the scavenge pump. I was told to remove the rear section by moving the pan towards the rear to slide it off an internal pipe. Unfortunately, the pan is right up against the cover plate at the bell housing (and the plate appears to go all the way around between the engine and bell housing) so I can't slide it rearward easily.

I am trying to pull the front section off but I am hanging up on something on the passenger side of the block. I have removed both oil fittings on that side (PITA) and I can see a tube in one of the holes (that is supposed to cross over to the oil pump) but not much more than that. I am affraid to keep pulling and see what breaks.

Does anyone know what I could be hanging up on or, even better, where I can get my hands on a daigram showing how this is assembled?

Thanks for your help,
Larry