View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 541, Shelby 427, TKO600
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up New ERA owner

Hi all,

I just joined the ERA family with my purchase of a 427SC # 541 It is a factory built car with a shelby 427 (498HP) and a toploader. It is currently in transport from its former home in Kentucky to Oregon where I hope to have it this weekend. Check out my gallery for a picture.

I have been looking for a cobra since last summer and did not think I would be able to get an ERA (my first choice). I first started looking at Cobra replicas in '90-'91 and ERA was my first choice then too. I just did not have the time nor funds to make it happen then.

First up will be to go thru the car completely maintence wise. It only has 6K miles on it but it was built in '99 and want to make sure everything is tip top. I am thinking about fluids for diff, trans, engine oil / coolant, brakes and clutch. Any words of wisedom/gotchas on doing these items? What brake/clutch fluid do you recommend (I know no silicone)?

Also is there a maintence manual from ERA that lists capacities, etc.? I am not sure what manuals I will have with the car, but the previous owner said he included everything he currently has. I do have the free assembly manual from the ERA website, but was wondering what else there is.

I am going to need some things like floor mats and a car cover. Any advice on these? I think ERA has mats but looking for a nice cover.

thanks in advance