Thread: Fedex Sucks
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Indeed it has been 2 weeks tomarrow, the good news is it seems my head has been found. I'm glad they are sending it back to me. The circumstances of them losing it and finding it are pretty irritating all the same.

I have called 1.800.Go Fedex a total of 7 times. Each time requesting specific actions be taken. everything from holding any similar "damaged" parcel at the Sacramento location (I asked them to do this the same day it went missing) to asking to come look at the packages before they got shipped to the "overstock" center to requesting someone from the facility call me.

I finally asked a clubmember (who must remain confidential) for help. He was very happy to do so but he couldn't even get the information we needed to move someone to action. (security reasons)

Finally I pulled a Nexus search for Sactamento Fedex. I hit a news article which ironically was from a midwest news service about the Sacramento ground location and the ten zillion packages it delivered over Christmas. In the news story it referenced the Senior Terminal Managers name. Easy right.. Not really. Again for security reasons that name was pretty hard to find information on...

Finally I got a hit. 10 pages deep on an obscure website looking for employees I found the Senior Terminal Managers name and an e-mail address.

Last week I contacted him personally. I got a reply and a photo of my head today. Thanks to all that helped.

It was sent to something called the overstock center in Ohio. It should be here in a week.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)