14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Fedex

I know Fedex is good at getting things there overnight. I admire their business model... But... Fedex Ground Sucks.

I recently had two 428 CJ heads scheduled for delivery. One made it one didn't. I called Fedex the evening the one head was delivered and inquired about the second.

I was told the second had been damged. Hmmm how was it damaged I asked? "the packaging was damaged" Ok, when will it arrive. "we can't deliver it" I was told. Why? I asked. "because it was damaged". But you said it was only the packaging... "we can't deliver a damaged package" I was told impatiently.

What will happen to my package? "It will be shipped back to the sender" Now the stupid head is 35 miles from my home, it will be sent 450 miles to be repackaged and sent back to me.

1.800.pick.ups

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 01-20-2005 at 01:40 PM..
Old 01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

You would think they would at least offer you the option
of examining it first and, if acceptable, sign off on it and take
it. Never mind, that would make sense! Now it will probably
take another week to get it (if they don't manage to loose it
first). Good luck!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:30 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 665, 390 (to start with) Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default I've had trouble with them too...

Summit uses them about half the time. I had an intake that they couldn't find. I ended up calling my neighbor one street over at the same house number and it was there. Had some trouble getting it because the lady said her "son took it to work to show his friends". Point of the story is they couldn't or wouldn't figure out where it was, clearly the neighbor was getting attached to it. But this was shortly after fedex home started up, I had hoped they were better now.

Chuck
Old 01-18-2005, 04:07 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Fedex in the only company to get stuck in my driveway.
Fedex delivered memory samples to Florida, addressed to me in MI.
Fedex is the only company that calls me to tell me that all of my shipments can be pickup as no driver can get to my house. so as I am leaving, the UPS guy pull in and drops something off.

Yeah, I know Fedex.

UPS or USPS.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I guess they all make mistakes, but I much prefer UPS. I have had no problems at all with them. One box did come with a torn and mashed place in it, but the driver asked me to open it and check everything before he left. That way he could just take it back if anything was damaged. Fortunately the damage to the box never got through all the packing and the items were ok. But I did appreciate his asking me to open it right then and not just driving off and leaving me to find out if anything was damaged.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-18-2005, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Fedex

Sorry to hear about the delivery misfortune, but on a lighter note:

Fedex is merging with UPS and they're calling the new company:
FEDUP!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Every, EVERY package I've ever received from Fedex has been damaged. Sometimes just the packaging, sometimes the boxes inside, sometimes the contents. Every damn time.

Lowell
Old 01-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

I ordered tires from Tirerack last year. Since I was travelling when the Fedex ground van pulled up, my wife asked him if you could put the tires in the garage instead of leaving them at the front door. He made some inappropriate remarks about women and kinda chunked them at the garage.

When i called to complain, they said they use a lot of contractors for drivers. Policy now at my house now is "Positively absolutely No Fedex"
Old 01-18-2005, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

It took over 2 weeks for a FedEx ENVELOPE to be delivered to my place recently.

It was over the holidays, but 2 WEEKS?!

UPS is unbeatable. Usually.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Funny you mention Summit. I get their stuff overnight 90% of the time if I order by noon. Their Sparks store in only 3 hours away.

Whenever it goes Fedex Ground it gets here in 2-3 days. The last time I ordered it was a Wednesday and they got it here On the following Monday... I've taken to asking them to not use Fedex Ground.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 01-18-2005, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

FedEx Ground lost my headers and side pipes for 6 weeks shipping from Tempe to my work. Normally a 3-4 hour drive. They arrived damaged of course. When something gets shipped tomy house I always, ALWAYS, have to stop at the FedEx facility and pick it up because no one was home even though my wife is a stay at home mom and was home with the front door open and would have heard the guy pull up. We have had many words.

Sorry to you guys that work at FedEx.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Man,

I expect my head will only be missing a couple weeks. I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Michael,

How do you want me to get your head to you when they deliver it to me? About 4 months ago the FedEx truck pulled up in front of my house and a woman got out with a fairly large box. I had nothing ordered so I walked out and she wanted me to sign for it. I told her that I didn't have anything ordered and she must have the wrong address. She got mad and basically told me that if I was to dumb to remember what I order, that is my problem. I told her to look at the address and then read the street name and house number she is at. The package was for someone clear on the other side of town and she is ticked at me because she is at the wrong place.

Ron

Old 01-18-2005, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

I buy, sale, and repair old hot rod gauges for a hobby. (Sun, SW, Dixco) and so on. I ship roughly 7-15 per month and probably have that many shipped to me. Terrible, terrible service with Fedex. I flat won't use them anymore. Sent a Sun Super tach to Calif on Dec 7th and I just got it back 2 weeks ago! They said no one lived at that address. Re-sent it USPS Priority to the same address and the guy got it 2 days later!

Makes you wonder!!

Mark
Old 01-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You USPS has two different size boxes that ship ANYWHERE in the USA for $7.70. Anywhere INCLUDES Alaska and Hawaii. You must use the specific USPS boxes, which are decent size and it's first class mail, takes two or three days.

I used one to ship a piston and some misc parts to Gessford machine. Hawaii to Nebraska for $7 bucks in three days? You can't beat that!
Old 01-18-2005, 05:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Summit sent one of my orders by fed-ex once and I call Summit and told them to send all my stuff by U.P.S., they said no problem.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 done, CSX289 comp body, leaf spring chassis to original specs...
Not Ranked     

The big three all suck.

I have had a bad expeirence with USPS, UPS and FedEx.

That being said, UPS sucks the least.

You can't beat the USPS Priority Mail for $7.95. It is a flat rate up to 70lbs! I shipped a pretty heavy damper once and giggled all the way home. The only down side is that the 3-5 business days is not guaranteed. I got burned on that once.

If it has to be there positively, absolutely overnight...it's UPS. (IMHO)

Haven't tried DHL yet.

-John
Old 01-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Positively, absoulutely overnight aint gonna happen in Hawaii.

"Next Day Air" is 3 days and COST A TON!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Indeed it has been 2 weeks tomarrow, the good news is it seems my head has been found. I'm glad they are sending it back to me. The circumstances of them losing it and finding it are pretty irritating all the same.

I have called 1.800.Go Fedex a total of 7 times. Each time requesting specific actions be taken. everything from holding any similar "damaged" parcel at the Sacramento location (I asked them to do this the same day it went missing) to asking to come look at the packages before they got shipped to the "overstock" center to requesting someone from the facility call me.

I finally asked a clubmember (who must remain confidential) for help. He was very happy to do so but he couldn't even get the information we needed to move someone to action. (security reasons)

Finally I pulled a Nexus search for Sactamento Fedex. I hit a news article which ironically was from a midwest news service about the Sacramento ground location and the ten zillion packages it delivered over Christmas. In the news story it referenced the Senior Terminal Managers name. Easy right.. Not really. Again for security reasons that name was pretty hard to find information on...

Finally I got a hit. 10 pages deep on an obscure website looking for employees I found the Senior Terminal Managers name and an e-mail address.

Last week I contacted him personally. I got a reply and a photo of my head today. Thanks to all that helped.

It was sent to something called the overstock center in Ohio. It should be here in a week.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

Scobrac,

Glad they finally found your head. Now do you remember where you put the one that you received?

Ron