View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, Tweaked 351W, T-5Z, CRII Tech Support Team.
Not Ranked     

Energy Suspension makes polyurethane motor mounts for the 302/351W motor. Summit sells them for about a hundred bucks. Also recommended is the ES poly trans mount as well.

They hold the engine a lot more solidly than the rubber ones.

The bad news is they're only made for late Mustangs, and I had to fabricate frame mounts to use them. I sent the drawings and cardboard patterns to Pete Johnson at CR before CRII was formed. Pete now works for Don Scott at CRII. I don't know if CRII ever adopted the late Mustang frame mounts that would allow these poly motor mounts to be used or not. Don (Scottt)??

If not, I have some shots of them if you want to try it. With a 302 motor, it might be easier to replace them with stock ones. CRII could give you the part #, and source. The kicker in this case is the MX frame may have different dimensions than the Cobra frame. Don (Scott), what do you think?

Now for a tweaked 351W, or a stroker 393 or 408, poly mounts would be far more beneficial to keep engine torque from banging the air cleaner against the hoodscoop, or sidepipes against the body.