View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     
Default Headlight, Parking and Dash Gauge Light Problem

Hi Bob:
On the return leg of a long trip, three electrical circuts seemed to have stopped working simultaneously...

They Are: the Headlights (hi and low beam), the parking lights both front and rear and also the dashboard gauge lights (inside the gauges SW).

Everything else worked fine, the blinkers, the break lamps, the wipers the fans and the ignition.

When I got back into the barn (car hot), and after I checked all my wiring diagrams and trouble shooting guides, I pulled out the trusty flashlight and mirror and looked under/behind the dash for a potential problem... I checked the ignition switch connections and pulled the switch out to double check and then put it all back in.

No avail... all three circuts still out.

Went back into the house for dinner and when I came out I checked everything again, car now cool, and low and behold all the circuts work that were not working 2 hours earlier!!!

I am now both happy and pissed as I really do not know what fixed this and where and why??

So Bob, did you come down to Stratford and fix this while I was having dinner.... OR... do you have a suggestion for me to do a trouble shoot procedure?

I would like to put this to bed but it is all working now...

Perhaps you have a clue and can guide me as to what could cause the high and low and parking and dash lights to ka-put themselves....

All ears.... (car # 375)

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker

Last edited by REDSC400; 07-03-2005 at 03:44 AM..