View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default pics from the 4th of July parade

This is the 2nd year in a row that I was able to drive in the Upper Arlington parade. Last year it was just Frank and myself....this year we had 6 Cobras...What a great turn-out.

We all met at Jay McCarley's house which was only a few blocks from the staging area.....had to be there by 7:00AM

Sue and I were the last to arrive....thats me in my red, white and Blue "parade" Shirt.

Inside, we worked on our swim suit figures by chowing coffee and doughnuts...yummm!

Then we rattled the windows thru Upper Arlington's sleeping neighborhoods on the way to the parade staging area.

The parade organizers kept the Cobras together and staged us in our own special spot in the lot. Once parked, the crowds quickly gathered to see what all the noise was about.

The parking lot was full of cool machinery....Vettes, MG's, Model T's, Caddies, ...and much more. Everyone, very friendly and excited to talk about their cars.

After hanging around the staging area for about an hour....we get the signal to fire-up and roll....so we were off.

The crowds lined the streets and cheered as the Cobras rumbled by!!!...They love Cobras!

As we were slowly cruising along at parade speed...this blond hottie runs out of the crowd and jumps in Bill Dyers car!!!

At first, Bill had his grandson in the co-pilot seat....then was suddenly faced with the delimna...grandson or Blondie? Well the pic tells the story...the poor kid was sent packing and hoofed the rest of the route on foot.
Actually that's his wife Kathy. ...a great sport! And the Austin-Healy picked up the Kid. A happy ending for all.

Anyway....we all had a great time.... It is nice to see an active group together. And as seen in this final pic......folks just love Cobras!!!

Last edited by rob frink; 07-04-2005 at 10:22 AM..