17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default pics from the 4th of July parade

This is the 2nd year in a row that I was able to drive in the Upper Arlington parade. Last year it was just Frank and myself....this year we had 6 Cobras...What a great turn-out.

We all met at Jay McCarley's house which was only a few blocks from the staging area.....had to be there by 7:00AM

Sue and I were the last to arrive....thats me in my red, white and Blue "parade" Shirt.

Inside, we worked on our swim suit figures by chowing coffee and doughnuts...yummm!

Then we rattled the windows thru Upper Arlington's sleeping neighborhoods on the way to the parade staging area.

The parade organizers kept the Cobras together and staged us in our own special spot in the lot. Once parked, the crowds quickly gathered to see what all the noise was about.

The parking lot was full of cool machinery....Vettes, MG's, Model T's, Caddies, ...and much more. Everyone, very friendly and excited to talk about their cars.

After hanging around the staging area for about an hour....we get the signal to fire-up and roll....so we were off.

The crowds lined the streets and cheered as the Cobras rumbled by!!!...They love Cobras!

As we were slowly cruising along at parade speed...this blond hottie runs out of the crowd and jumps in Bill Dyers car!!!

At first, Bill had his grandson in the co-pilot seat....then was suddenly faced with the delimna...grandson or Blondie? Well the pic tells the story...the poor kid was sent packing and hoofed the rest of the route on foot.
Actually that's his wife Kathy. ...a great sport! And the Austin-Healy picked up the Kid. A happy ending for all.

Anyway....we all had a great time.... It is nice to see an active group together. And as seen in this final pic......folks just love Cobras!!!

Last edited by rob frink; 07-04-2005 at 10:22 AM..
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun -- more memorie.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #20 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Rob,
Great write up! 6 Cobras with revving motors really got the crowd smiles going.....
My wife even noticed the sounds from the hotter motors and gave me the thumbs up for more power.
All was well until something broke in my rear end going home on 315 ( not burrito back lash but something in my outer hub)
Thanks,
John
Old 07-05-2005, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     

Rob:
Be carfull! You're liable to become the Club Historian!!LOL Great Job! See 'ya tonight.
Frank # 725
Old 07-05-2005, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

John, bummer about the break-down. Were you stranded...or could you drive it home? Any details about the problem yet? Thumbs up on more power!!!

Frank, This post was inspired by Kristen Breeden (HLC)....and her wonderful scrap book....and also her online stories. Thanks Kristen!
Old 07-05-2005, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 408 stroker (351W)
Not Ranked     

Rob,

Great job with the pics. Thanks to everybody who came! We had a great time! Happy to be able to provide the venue before the parade. Heard a lot of comments at the neighborhood block party in the afternoon. Several neighbors were out taking pictures of their own. We may have to come up with a charity next year and give Cobra rides..."Jay's Fiji Vacation fund" maybe??
See you guys tonight.

Jay
Old 07-05-2005, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #20 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Rob,
I was able to limp home. Some funny noises.
Just glad it didn't go during the parade or Cindy would never ride with me again....
Sounds like maybe a CV joint. I'll wrench on it late tonight.
Jay, thanks again for the hospitality!
John
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-29-2010 at 06:59 AM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: