View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP, Keith Craft
Not Ranked     

I can't measure the clearance just now because the car is vacationing in sunny Provo. I haven't had any problems, though. I've never thought that it ought to be a waxer (OK, it's brushed ally but use your imagination) and I drive it around for fun, including taking the back roads to work. A few times, I've had a sinking feeling when going over curb cuts and similar irregularities but I've never hit. I might go aroung a really big speed bump in a parking lot if I were to see one coming. Remember that this car has as much ground clearance as over 300 of the original, vintage 427s and I haven't read anything about any general tendency of those cars to scrape their exhaust systems on obstacles.

The pipes and mufflers are tucked up against the chassis and well inboard. The pipes turn out in front of the rear tires, kind of like an FIA except that the pipes aren't easily seen from the side.

The wheels are the usual 9.5 rear and 7.5 front with Yokohama Avid tires, which are supposed to be well-suited to street use.

If it makes you feel any better, my wife isn't all that enthusiastic either but marital harmony hasn't been adversely affected. Of course, I haven't mentioned to her the extravagent safety offered by .060" of side impact protection .

David