View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
I am getting a visit from a freind with his GT 40 Wednesday and he told me that Roaring 40's have gone into receivership, is this old news? Sorry if it is, but it blew me out when I was told.

Gav
Word is getting around. Details are posted all over gt40s.com forum.

Pretty bad news for whole kit industry when a major player has trouble, especially when it looks like a lot of people will lose very large deposits.

I initially thought it would be good news for DRB(Peter Ransom), but he is going to have to re-think his strategy and change the way he takes deposits. Plus there will be a higher level of mistrust etc etc.

This is a greater problem for turnkey & turnkey minus-minus cars where deposits are fairly significant. The deposits and progress payments for these vehicles is held for 12 months or more before delivery.

Using a trusted 3rd party organisation to take and hold deposits is the best solution and I expect a potential customer would not complain about the added cost, it would be minor in the grand scheme of things.

And for people currently building RF cars, parts availability is going to be a problem. Not so big a problem for Cobra's, but a real hassle for GT40's.

Last edited by 400TT; 04-03-2006 at 04:06 AM..