Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     
Default I'm Back!!!

Hello gentlemen, I have survived building house and have changed email address hence my new name.
Even the cobra is getting attention!!
I have fitted and plumbed the trans cooler infront of the radiator have engine and trans in place the shifter has been fitted and I'm now just starting the electrical. I ordered the bends and flanges for my side pipes today so I'm heading back on track.
I am getting a visit from a freind with his GT 40 Wednesday and he told me that Roaring 40's have gone into receivership, is this old news? Sorry if it is, but it blew me out when I was told.
Anyway I'll throw a couple of pics of the ranch in my gallery if anyone is interested.

Gav
Old 04-03-2006, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
I am getting a visit from a freind with his GT 40 Wednesday and he told me that Roaring 40's have gone into receivership, is this old news? Sorry if it is, but it blew me out when I was told.

Gav
Word is getting around. Details are posted all over gt40s.com forum.

Pretty bad news for whole kit industry when a major player has trouble, especially when it looks like a lot of people will lose very large deposits.

I initially thought it would be good news for DRB(Peter Ransom), but he is going to have to re-think his strategy and change the way he takes deposits. Plus there will be a higher level of mistrust etc etc.

This is a greater problem for turnkey & turnkey minus-minus cars where deposits are fairly significant. The deposits and progress payments for these vehicles is held for 12 months or more before delivery.

Using a trusted 3rd party organisation to take and hold deposits is the best solution and I expect a potential customer would not complain about the added cost, it would be minor in the grand scheme of things.

And for people currently building RF cars, parts availability is going to be a problem. Not so big a problem for Cobra's, but a real hassle for GT40's.

Last edited by 400TT; 04-03-2006 at 04:06 AM..
Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Welcome back Gav.

Guess you can't use the excuse "mowing the lawn" has kept you from the working on the cobra hey?

What are ya doin building a house in the middle of what looks like a desert?.

Cheers
Old 04-03-2006, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Gav

Nice to hear from you once more.

Love the ranch I'm sure it will look terriffic when its finished, awesome veranah posts.

As you say its very sad news about Roaring 40's and really doesn't do the industry any help at all. Its a real same as they seem to have a very nice product. My painter paints lots of them so I have seen many in the last few years at different stages and levels, hopefully there will be a good result for RF40's in the end.

Leeroy
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe, 416ci of LS goodness
Not Ranked     

The pics of the pad where taken about a month ago, an beleive it or not the lawn is on the go. We might live in the desert but with the way we pump water from the Murray River you would not know we are coming out of a drought I give you the tip!!

Gav
Old 04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Looks good tho Gav.

So, you are the one responsible for the Murray slowing to a trickle.

Looks like my sorta place.......big shed out the back to get away from the first wife and It'd be perfect.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: