Thread: Wiring
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

My previous reading of this thread had me heading down the Ron Francis wiring loom option for all Ford wiring. However seeing the approx cost of such a loom versus obtaining the full AU loom system for about the same cost I struggle to see why there is a need to not buy locally.

Given the AU loom will connect into most of my onboard ford appliances and some minor changes will be needed for lucas based parts and deletion of unused ford bits such as ABS, traction, electric windows etc etc, can anybody indicate reasons why I should look past the locally available ex-car looms?

I am also of the understanding that the AU series started using different connection plug to earlier models, is this correct? If correct, does this really mean I should steer away from earlier looms or will an earlier loom be suitable? If so what model is recommended. I am running a 2002 AUII engine with matching computer and BCM.

Yours in basic smoke containment.

Steve