View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf 1837 408w 93mm turbo
Send a message via AIM to mike knight Send a message via Yahoo to mike knight
Not Ranked     

I have a T56 in my Superformance. My engine is a purpose built Sb bored and stroked to 408. It also has a 92MM inter cooled turbo. The reason I chose the Viper T56 is it's ability to supposedly handle 900 HP. I would rather be safe than sorry. Some of the issues I had to deal with were the trans is about 3" longer than a TKO and it effects on the pinion angle as well as the length of the drive shaft. Additionally the shifter location is slightly aft of the standard opening. So far I have not experienced any vibration due to the greater pinion angle. I have had the car to about 145MPH with no unexpected vibration. You may want to check with backdraft as to the location of their frame cross member as it relates to the trans. Mods to any frame need careful consideration! Pinion angle can also be a problem in some applications. I am not a mechanic so I don't know all of the issues but I am merely relating my experience with my install. I am very pleased with the trans and the close ratios. i am also using a pro 5.0 shifter and it is silk. Last the trans is somewhat heavier if that matters to you.
71 torino cobra 429 scj
66 ford galaxie 7 liter
68 buick wildcat 430

Last edited by mike knight; 04-25-2006 at 07:56 AM..