View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #123 351 ford crate eng
Not Ranked     
Default ENG picks

Ok you motorheads,
Let me pick your brains for a bit. I am starting the research for my Cobra, and I want to nail down my engine choice. To someone who is NOT an expert, where did you guys go for engine advice? Does anyone know of a good reference book that i could purchase to learn more about the in's and out's of engines, specifically for a Cobra? Or, is it better to just "trust" your local mechanic with all that he suggests? Some companies sell "turn-key" engines. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback on reliable companies. Some are selling complete engines for 6-8k. I am considering between a 302 and 351CI. I know the sky is the limit on price, for I would use it for cruising, ie, non track stuff. I want to be able to "lite em up", but not have an engine that is too radicle. I live in Tuscon, where it is a "dry heat" of 110 some summer days. Is overheating an issue on any specific engine size?

Are all of you guys getting into the "nuts and bolts" of your engine, or just thrilled that it hauls and sounds awesome?

Cheers, and thanks for all the advice.
JOE