Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Hurricane Motorsports

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #123 351 ford crate eng
Not Ranked     
Default ENG picks

Ok you motorheads,
Let me pick your brains for a bit. I am starting the research for my Cobra, and I want to nail down my engine choice. To someone who is NOT an expert, where did you guys go for engine advice? Does anyone know of a good reference book that i could purchase to learn more about the in's and out's of engines, specifically for a Cobra? Or, is it better to just "trust" your local mechanic with all that he suggests? Some companies sell "turn-key" engines. Does anyone have any suggestions or feedback on reliable companies. Some are selling complete engines for 6-8k. I am considering between a 302 and 351CI. I know the sky is the limit on price, for I would use it for cruising, ie, non track stuff. I want to be able to "lite em up", but not have an engine that is too radicle. I live in Tuscon, where it is a "dry heat" of 110 some summer days. Is overheating an issue on any specific engine size?

Are all of you guys getting into the "nuts and bolts" of your engine, or just thrilled that it hauls and sounds awesome?

Cheers, and thanks for all the advice.
JOE
Old 06-07-2006, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Joe,
I would suggest a 351W stroked to 408 (if you are leaning towards a small block). In general terms, it's a good high performance engine but not so radical that it isn't streetable. There are a couple engine builders that advertise on this site that build 408's I believe, so you might want to look there. I'd suggest going with aluminunm heads for better cooling being as hot as it here. There is also a local engine builder that I've heard good things about but I don't have any first hand experience with him. I can find out who it is if you want to check him out too.
Give me a call this weekend if you want. You got my number on my PM I hope.
Larry
Old 06-12-2006, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Default look at a

Ford Racing crate motor, 392/430 hp. I think it's designation is 6007ds. I have run this engine for a year and it still amazes me. I have had lots of others but this one is great. By the way you can go to 6,700 before shifting where most others won't let you. Also 1 year warranty from Ford.

Jay

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005
Old 06-24-2009, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Israel
Send a message via ICQ to Ranana_Undurf
Not Ranked     
Default ENG picks

I got into Cornells M.Eng BME program and also into Penn States Masters of Science Bioengineering program. I am asking for your guys input on these two schools and programs? Which would you pick and why?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: