View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, here's how it turned out.

I could reach the head of the bolt to unscrew it by leaning into the car, through the door opening and over the seat. Once the bolt and washer were free, I found I could not position both the dangling throttle pedal and the bolt. I solved this problem by removing the driver's seat and laying upside down in the footwell and reaching above my face, into the confined space between the clutch assembly and the fitting for the bolt. Even so, the bolt, washer and pedal proved too difficult to align correctly, making sure not to cross-thread the bolt, to allow me to fit the assembly quick enough to make effective use of lock-tite, as the tech at Dynamic recommended.

The end result has the bolt, washer and pedal correctly fitted and tight. I had to remove the spring from the pedal to get the bolt started; once it was threaded correctly, I re-attached the spring, then tightened the bolt.

Crawling on my back, in and out of the driver's side footwell, through the space between the steering wheel and the open door, was a challenge. Here's a tip: Lead with your head.