View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

We get everything set where the engine will start right up and then put a timing light on the engine, check the oil pressure as soon as it starts and monetor the water pressure. We will run for about 15 minutes at about 2000 to 3000 rpms. We will then kill the engine and check the valves, go over all of the bolts and look for leaks. If everything checks out ok we will run the engine for another 30 minutes with a load on the engine running it from about 1500 rpms all the way up to 4000 rpms changing the laod and the rpms.
We will then makes pulls on the engine to check the power and make sure that it is making the power it should. Will make about 10 to 15 pulls tuning the engine. The engine is pretty much broke in after this but I recommend that after it is in the car for the customer to check things over after installed. Need to recheck the timing and oil pressure while also making sure that the cooling system is working right. How you run it ater it is in the car depend on your comfort level with the work of the installer. Hope this helps a little. Thanks, Keith Craft