Old 07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca
Gday 400TT,

I think its hard to make direct comparisons between spring rates, becuase of the different suspension geometry. You need to consider shock mounting points, angles and leverage, length of arms etc. In the CR a lot of the extra weight is in the AU rear end suspension arms as well (im guessing - as they weigh a ton), and this is actually "unsprung weight" as well.... so basically theres a lot of things to consider. Cheers
Yeah, I've taken that into account, still surprising though. Most Harrison's wouldn't go near 300lbs, maybe 250lbs.

My GT40 runs 180lbs front, 250lbs rear.

Would be interesting to see weight difference between Ford & Skyline. Nissan has gone to be a bit of trouble to make it lighter, lots of alloy, hollow sway bars etc, so Skyline should be lighter.

The Harrison runs R32 Skyline GTR rear. With complete diff, cradle etc, springs & shocks. My brother and I could not lift it off the ground by ourselves. All we could do was lever it onto a trolley to install by both lifting a side at a time. We got a bit of a shock, as it's something you don't expect. Installing the old Ford 9" in the last Cobra was a breeze, but then again it was bare - no springs, arms etc.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-27-2006 at 05:53 PM..