View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3850, 95 Cobra 5.0 EFI, IRS, Pin Drive 15" real Magnesium Halibrands & Vintage Wheels, Billboards & Mickey Thompson S/T tires, Blue/Wht Stripes, Hoops, CSX Dash, Konis, VPMs, Torsen
Not Ranked     
Smile FFR Coupe at Bonneville Salt Flats

Saturday August 12, 2006 I went to the Bonneville Salt Flats for "Speed Week" events. Farra Snook of SOFAST RACING, Albany, Oregon brought this coupe from Oregon:

He ran thru "tech inspection" Monday and a few items need to be changed (not serious stuff), then went back to Oregon to finish the car for a run at a record in either late Sept. or early October. He will campaign two cars; one a blown 347 stroker 5.0, and the other a blown 370W.

Here is the front:

It has a "Spec Racer Style" chin spoiler.
There will be a scoop over the EFI intake.

He had a nice display setup; passing out FFR DVD's, etc. Lots of visitors. FFR is a part sponsor of his effort to set a "World's Fasted Cobra on the Salt" record.

The "Competition Cobra" 24x36 picture was found at "Deck the Walls" in Sandy, UT.

The poster explained a lot to people unfamiliar with this car.

Farra and I at the starting line.
The big "zero" is like the big "1" at the one mile mark, "2" at the two mile mark, etc.

Weather was perfect, no wind, etc.
Over 500 cars competing; over 5000 people there. This is really a big-time event with cars and people from all over the USA and foreign, too. I did not see the Indian Motorcycle form New Zealand, though.

Coupe setup:
- 2 different coupes one blue w silver stripes
- One Silver w Blue stripes
- One 347 stroker alum block w blower
- One 370W alum block w blower
- 2.73:1 rear axle
- 3-Link
- Tremec 5 speed
- Designing for 250 MPH at 7000 rpm in 4th
- Side exhaust will be big flow, body shaped "muffler".
- Rear window is solid sheet metal.
- Extra roll bar reinforcement and frame stiffening added
- VPM anti-sway bars front and rear
- Belly pans
- Goodyear 300 mph tires
- Both coupes are to be street legal; lights and all.

Myself and a few others plan to "pit crew" when he returns to the salt.

Go Farra!