View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates
Not Ranked     
Default Clutch won't disengage

Just purchased a completed Midstates that has been in storage for about 5 years. My issue is we can't put the car into gear w/the clutch in and enging running. We are guessing the clutch/pressure plate might have bonded to the flywheel. Of course this is an assumption as we have not pulled the transmission out. The slave has been bleed for air so we know that is good and we have plenty of fluid available. When we press in the clutch, the slave travels about 1". If we really press the pedal hard we might get another 1/4." When we disconnect it we get around 1 1/2 - 2" of travel on the cylinder. Since we do not see any substantial movement of the fork arm, we are assuming we have a bonding. We tried to rock the car in gear, no luck. We then tried to break the clutch loose by holding the clutch in, dropping the tranny in 1st gear and hitting starter. Tried 3 times, and no luck. Any suggestions short of going to the transmission shop or pulling the tranny completely out? The previous owner stated we should be looking at replacing the slave with a manual clutch arm mechanism as he was never happy with the slave. Also could this slave be improperly adjusted? (not that I would know any difference by looking at it) Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike Mitchell email = lonestar7@earthlink.net
RedSabre
Austin, TX