View Single Post
Old 10-28-2006, 03:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

there are several ways :

1. use painters 'blue tape' on body under where the top will rest against it, and under the side curtains too - including a small area on the dash top where the side curtains rest when door is closed. a cheap fix , trim it to not show if you so desire. removes easily. seldom leaves any markings showing from tape . if it is for a short duration and you are not concerned about appearance, leave the blue tape on without trimming it as it will be removed before too long.

2. get some thin foam type material, like some table cloths are made from - cut to fit, use a one hole punch to punch out holes where the liftadots protrude . cut to fit as desired. not as easy to use as blue tape.

3. use thin foam rubber, apply / trim as in # 2 above .

4. get some Dr Scholl corn pads and put them on around the liftadots .

5. get some thin static cling clear vinyl type of material and cut to fit, punch holes etc as described above.'

all work fine for top or tonneau or side curtains .

i have thin soft foam rubber trimmed to fit that i use for longer durations and for short runs in the wet or cold i use the painters blue tape.

easy to do, easy to remove. easy fix. i like a plan when it comes together . bill