View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     
Default Detroit Truetrac and half shafts

I just finished up my new rear end and stronger half shafts. So far so good. I put a Detroit Truetrac in the Ford 8.8 to replace the limited slip. The new unit would be similar to a Torsen T2 or T2R, but stronger and good to go for drag racing, better out of corners road course driving and around town practical. So far it seems nice and smooth and is hanging in there great with the 3.73 gears and TKO 600. I've also replaced my original clutch and flywheel that came on the Roush 427 R-095 with a SPEC stage 3 and aluminum flywheel. The clutch has a bit more grab, but the car overall is more responsive and quicker, more fun to drive.

The stainless steel side pipes with replaceable mufflers will be here from http://www.buckshotracefab.com/ in a month or two. I'll be increasing the diameter of fuel line on the Superformance along with the side pipe install. I'll share the load bearing dyno results with corrected number comparison when I'm all done.