CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Default Interesting News, The New EVO 6

Interesting News, The New EVO 6

Hi Everyone,
As more of a true hot rod shop than a mass producing factory, D&D Cobra is constantly innovating and evolving its product line. Recently Don and I have been discussing the EVO 4 (Street Version) replica and what the next rendition of the roller should include and how it should be priced. D&D likes to continually upgrade and change their offerings so they can stay up with current technology and build a consistently high quality product. Our current EVO 4 chassis is great and the design is tested and sells pretty well especially in Canada. This frame is a square tube ladder type frame and allows for plenty of leg and trunk room. We decided to take the current car and make it even better. First change is the main rails have been redesigned with 4 inch round tube giving it a more “original” look. This of course will be finished in the same high quality powder coat as our other cars. We have also updated the outriggers to round tube as well. The frame is set-up for IRS only and a complete IRS is installed brake to brake. This allows us to have one of the largest trunks in the industry, perfect for daily use. The tubular upper control arms have been replaced with our billet adjustable arms as a standard offering as well. This is great from both a looks and performance aspect and is a wonderful “Freebie”. The brakes will be our standard Ford units with cross-drilled disks. There will be performance upgrades such as sway bars or large brake packages as well. The rest of the EVO 6 roller will be supplied in the same fashion as the EVO 4 with the exception of the headers and side exhaust which must be ordered separately. We have also worked out the numbers on this car and believe we wish to come in a little more competitively on this one. It will be offered as a base rolling kit for around $14,000.00 with everything listed above. There will also be a “Plus” package which includes almost everything you need to finish the car minus, paint, engine, transmission, etc. Turnkey minus is available starting around $28,000. We have also discussed a removable hard top. I will have pictures of the complete frame very soon.

That’s all for now,

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 12-30-2006 at 11:17 AM..